Store QSR Clerk
Date: Aug 22, 2014
Location: Fairview, MT, US
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for providing superior customer service under the guidelines of the company policies and all applicable laws. Strive to maximize sales through suggestive selling skills and accurate recording of sales. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritize customer service ahead of other tasks and ensure that customers receive prompt and courteous service.
- Responsible for using suggestive sells skills to assist customers by pointing out specials and suggesting related or alternative items to improve merchandise sales.
- Market and display the product and maintain the appearance of the serving area to ensure customer appeal.
- Present clean and professional image in accordance with corporate dress code.
- Display positive, professional conduct at all times. Treat customers and fellow associates with respect and consideration. Cooperatively and enthusiastically work with manager and co-workers.
- Operate the POS and other sales equipment within company guidelines for cash and shrink control, including keying correct sales amounts into the correct department, counting back, change, offering receipt, and thanking customers for their business.
- Uphold all company policies, as well as local, state, and federal regulations. Require valid identification of any alcohol or tobacco customer who appears to be 30 years of age or younger.
- Maintain cash in drawers at or below maximum amounts by correctly recording and dropping into the safe. Check and reconcile POS equipment, safe, and gas console (where applicable) at end of each shift and correctly complete shift reports. Immediately report any theft or suspicion of theft to Store Manager or District Advisor.
- Perform shift duties including continually cleaning fast food areas, floors, counters, equipment, shelves, bathrooms, gasoline equipment, and grounds as assigned.
- Receive, price, stock, and rotate merchandise as per instruction. Front and face shelves, racks, coolers and freezers. Prepare fast food products, including coffee, hot dogs, etc. and keeps them freshly available. Date codes fast food items when stocking and removes out-of-date merchandise. Monitor temperatures of hot holding equipment, coolers and freezers.
- Ensure that supplies required for customer service excellence are stocked.
- Understand emergency (employee or customer injury, gas spill, fire, or other accidents), robbery, shoplifting, and drive-off procedures. Appropriately completes Incident or Injury reports as instructed.
- Maintain high standards of food safety to ensure food is maintained at proper time and temperature by regularly monitoring and documenting as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Available to work all hours as assigned may include overtime.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) or related retail experience is desired.
- Proficient computer skills
- Current Food Safety Certification
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Posting States: Montana
Loaf 'N Jug Jobs: Loaf 'N Jug is always looking for exceptional Associates to work in our stores and at our corporate office in Pueblo, Colorado. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a job opportunity with Loaf N' Jug, we welcome you to complete an online application today.
The Kroger Famiy of Companies is the largest traditional grocer in the country with 82B in revenue and 339,000 associates. The company operates 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Kroger Family of Companies focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
Posting Notes: MT || Fairview || 516 S. Ellery || 59221 || Loaf 'N Jug Mini Mart, Inc. || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Retail Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Montana
Job Segment: Loss Prevention, Clerical, Food Safety, Retail, Security, Administrative, Quality
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field