Courtesy Clerk - Bagger
Date: Apr 8, 2014
Location Houston, TX, US
Position Type: Employee
Provide exceptional customer service in a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer's return visit. We accomplish this in many ways including, but not limited to; treating our customers/employees in a fair and ethical manner, promoting an inclusive work environment, being a responsible member of the community, providing the right products at the right time with fair and accurate pricing. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner, displaying a positive attitude, speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers or other employees.
- Follow the established uniform and grooming policies.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Bagging Groceries quickly while assuring that the paper or plastic bag is not overloaded and that the contents will not be damaged.
- Assist the Cashier in removing merchandise from the bottom of the cart and placing it on the checkout counter or in the top of the cart.
- Carrying bags to the customer's car.
- Bringing carts in from the parking lot.
- Maintain the cleanliness throughout the store including cleaning the floors, counters, restrooms and parking lot, etc.
- Empty trash from throughout the store.
- Conducting price checks for the Cashier.
- Knowledge of merchandise locations in the store.
- Read price labels to check the price of merchandise.
- Return merchandise to the store shelves.
- Change the signs and ads in the front window or in front of the store.
- Operate the baler and placing the bales onto a pallet (if over 18 years of age).
- Bring bales of grocery bags from the back room and placing them under each check lane counter.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Previous comparable experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
The Kroger Family of Companies is the largest traditional grocer in the country with 82B in revenue and 339,000 associates. The company operates 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Kroger Family of Companies focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
Posting Notes: TX || Houston || 9125 W Sam Houston Pkwy N || 77064 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Front End || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Clerical, Front End, Administrative, Part Time, Technology
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field