Store Associate Part Time
Date: Apr 13, 2014
Location Schuykill Haven, PA, US
Department: THMM Store 0286
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for providing superior customer service in pristine clean stores under the guidelines of the company policies and all applicable laws. Strive to increase sales through suggestive selling and accurate recording of sales. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that each customer receives prompt and courteous service.
- Greet customers, use suggestively sells techniques/skills and thank each customer.
- Comply with Federal mandates and company policy regarding tobacco sales
- Operate cash register system, money order machine, lotto terminal and credit card machine within established company guidelines.
- Ensure that fresh coffee is available at all times and maintains pristine conditions in the coffee area.
- Maintain pristine conditions in the fast food area.
- Ensure that all supplies in the coffee and fast food area are stocked (i.e., napkins, cups, straws, lids and condiments).
- Ensure that grocery, cooler and freezer items are fully stocked, cleaned, faced and fronted.
- Ensure that cigarette racks and displays are full.
- Ensure that all trash containers inside and outside are emptied and cleaned as needed.
- Ensure that the exterior store conditions are maintained to enhance curb appeal of the property during all hours of operation.
- Ensure that the restrooms are pristine and stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and orderly manner.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to participate in training classes conducted by the company.
- People-oriented and able to provide superior customer service.
- Display a positive attitude that is contagious, speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers or other associates.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally and stand and walk for the entire shift.
- Must be available and willing to work some weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in customer service/retail field.
- Stable work history.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Turkey Hill Minit Markets Jobs: Turkey Hill Minit Markets is always looking for exceptional Associates to work in our convenience stores and at our corporate office in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a job opportunity with Turkey Hill Minit Markets, we welcome you to complete an online application today.
The Kroger Family of Companies is the largest traditional grocer in the country with 82B in revenue and 339,000 associates. The company operates 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Kroger Family of Companies focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
Posting Notes: PA || Schuykill Haven || 336 W. Columbia Ave. || 17972 || Turkey Hill || [[mfield2]] || Retail Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Part Time, Retail, Sales
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field